SEVEN DAYS IN HELL

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Compare and Contrast NaNoWriMo 05 with NaNoWriMo 06

Last year I reached 50K on the 13th November.
This year I reached 50K on the 12th November.
Last year I reached 59K on the 16th November.
This year I reached 63K on the 14th November.


So far, I think this year is turning out better than last year, which was a good year and was already better than 04. If I continue at this rate, by 2018 I'll be writing 50K words in a day!

Last year I was competing against a friend to reach 50K and nearly killed myself writing (writing was my part time job last year, so it was a big effort to write so much so quickly). I wasn't competing with anyone this year and I wrote faster and easier (also, it is my full time job this year). Last year I pretty much burned out after the 16th and didn't write for the rest of the month (started making Christmas presents instead). I hope the same doesn't happen this year.

Next year I plan to write a road novel in New Zealand. I wonder will this improve or damage my record?

1 Comments:

  • Hmmm What about writing two novels this November and finishing off a third!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home