SEVEN DAYS IN HELL

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Monday 6th - first meet up and write in!

Last night I held the first meet up and write in for the Nanowrimoers in my region. Four people turned up. The two who made it to the kick off party and two new people this week. The meeting was held in one of the rooms in the library in the DKIT. It was a brilliant space, perfect for writing in, with comfy chairs, tables and lots of electrical sockets. The only problem with it was that it was a bit cold. It is also completely free! Thanks DKIT for such a wonderful resource.

The meeting went very well. One of the people had a fantastic word count of 20,000 words. We wrote over 2000 words in two ten minute sessions during the meeting, as well as filling out flash cards to help us if we got stuck and drawing our inner editors and sealing them away in an envelope until the end of November. Goodie bags were given out to the new members, and extra goodies were given out to the returning members, which included a badge, a sticker and an envelope containing instant inspiration (thanks to Farfalla, my co-ML for sending me those goodies).

Nanowrimo tattoos are on their way and should be distributed at the next meeting.

I think I will introduce some challenges at the next meeting - for example, everyone has to mention a three legged dog in their novel. Any suggestions for challenges? Let me know.

I was in Dublin yesterday, so my only writing was the 800 or so words I got done at the meeting. My progress may be slow, but it is constant and I am already 3000 words ahead of my progress for this day last year.

Happy writing!

Words written on Monday: 869
Total: 14312

3 Comments:

  • I dont know if i can top a dog with trees for legs. wow - someone must be working hard if they have written 20k words already. writing is easy - keep it up - the Christmas hols arent too far away and i need lots of books to read.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 p.m.  

  • I think Agents should go into envelopes too!

    By Blogger Mango, at 9:07 a.m.  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Mango, at 9:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home